What makes an email marketing campaign work? What steps should we take into account so that it fulfills its purpose successfully?
Email marketing, in addition to being one of the classics of today and always, has gradually become essential as another tool for user loyalty.
The fact that our email arrives in an inbox does not imply that it will be 100% effective. Making it happen is a triumph. Aspects such as taking care of our database, talking to our users one-on-one, taking care of the message, measuring the frequency of sending, and above all, keeping that attractive, direct, and clear, are essential to increase the opening of the email, get its effectiveness and our objective with success: To make our message known and amplify it.
Content Info Credit: Google
The advantages of email marketing
Email marketing continues to allow us to reach our users in a more direct and successful way. There are multiple reasons why creating an email campaign is a very good idea:
1. It is effective
The user voluntarily gives us his address because he wants to follow our news. It is, therefore, a proactive and open public to follow our offers. It also serves as a loyalty tool.
2. Allows you to segment
It is very easy to segment your email database to send each offer only to the target you need. In this way, we can make a specific message for each type of user we want to address.
3. It is measurable
Measuring the effectiveness of an emailing campaign is very useful. Tools like MailChimp allow you to analyze clicks, openings, cancellations, impact, etc., to the maximum.
4. Format flexibility
It allows us the possibility of configuring the emailing as we want. Highlighting one or several offers, preparing an invitation for an event, increasing subscriptions, highlighting a news item, etc.
5. It’s cheap
It does not take a large investment to launch an email marketing campaign. It also eliminates fixed costs and allows you to know all the expenses and instantly check the return on investment.
6. It is a non-intrusive medium
The user who wants to receive an email is aware of the action he has just done. Receiving the desired communication makes it non-intrusive. Of course, it is important that you keep in mind that you can only send them to those people who really want to receive notifications in their email and have left it fixed. If this is so, the conversion of the campaign will be much higher.
Read More: Why advertise by email?
Tips when creating an emailing campaign
- Find a catchy title. The title is as important as the content of the email. Try to draw the user’s attention by making that newsletter exclusive to him and with a short and direct message.
- The presentation of your email matters a lot. Check the spelling of the email, take care of the template that you are going to use, do not abuse images or long texts, and always carry out tests so that everything is seen correctly before sending the final newsletter.
- Less is always more. It is not about filling the newsletter with information without more. Present the content in a simple, straightforward, and direct way.
- Do not forget to identify the email with the header and the logo of your company, and to always put the link “see web version” in case the user has a problem when opening their email.
- Create impact through a featured article since it is the one that will attract attention. Make this information the most important of all your emails, emphasizing what we want to highlight or promote.
- Be careful with the images. Including them is important to attract attention visually. Take care of the images you put, their volume, and their size since many email managers block them by default if the format is too large.
- Social buttons. They are useful both for sharing content and thus facilitating the dissemination of information, as well as putting our social profile buttons so that they can follow us without problems and learn a little more about us.
- Your data is always at the bottom of the email or in the footer. It will help us to put our contact information and all the information of the company that we consider essential, above all, so that the user can get in touch with us.
- Unsubscribe button. In many newsletters, he is the great unknown because he does not appear anywhere. It is essential so that the user if he wishes, can unsubscribe whenever he wants.